Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Heartbreaking Game 3 double-OT Loss

Let us not remember this for the double-OT loss. As heartbreaking as that was, let us remember this game as the one when the Cyclones erased a 3-goal deficit to force the OT. Let us remember how the Cyclones dominated the first OT. Finally, let us remember that the playoffs are decided by who makes the most of the others' mistakes and who catches a lucky break here and there.

The Cyclones did nearly everything right - but they did make their mistakes and gave up goals as a result.

Remember, we beat these guys twice in their own house, and it took 4+ periods for Idaho to win tonight. The Cyclones can still do it. One game at a time - bring it on, Thursday.

By the way, in the second OT intermission, I didn't have a mechanical problem. The ice was extremely rough after 100 minutes of hockey, so I lowered the blade extra deep for maximum cutting. I knew I would fill the snow tank but I also knew I had plenty of time since there were no on-ice promotions so I elected to risk filling the tank since I had time to dump.

The white tux is officially retired. Thursday will be basic black golf shirt & jeans.

6 Comments:

Blogger frito said...

C'mon Mike. You can't retire the tux. One loss doeasn't warrant retirement. That's like reading shaving all their beards into the 'stashes to get out of the funk. The tux brought us luck in '08 it will bring us luck now. The downfall last night was because I brought an extra "hat trick hat" with me. Every time I do that the 'Clones lose. I will heretofore risk losing my pride and joy beat up CAHA coaching hat if it means a win.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

I'm glad you are posting on your blog! It is always interesting to read your insights. What's with the other two -- have they lost their passwords? ;)

11:17 AM  
Blogger Guido said...

Thanks for reading, Auntie Sue. I really don't know what's going on with the others. I'm sure Coach Weber is just too busy during the season to do it.

Joe - Sorry, the tux is done. I was uncomfortable wearing it for game 3, and with the loss I've made up my mind.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awesome game last night. White knuckle, on the edge of your seat type of evening. Thanks for your blog and perspective. The Cyclones have become a great activity for my 3 sons and I. See you tomorrow night. Go Cyclones!!

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've still got my fingers crossed for you guys!! I too would retire it at least for now. I am VERY superstitious! Not making excuses but I bought purple & white pom-poms for everyone that sits near me at the games and they lost every game after that ...why oh why didn't I leave them at home after the first loss!? Never thought I'd say this but Let's go Clones!!

Rebecca ~ Reading Royal Fan

8:53 AM  
Blogger Guido said...

Thanks Rebecca, we could use all the encouragement we can get! I've played hockey all my life and I'm as ate-up with superstition as they are. The tux is out. Back to basics - just like the Cyclones need to do.

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home