Saturday, May 17, 2008

Tuxedo Wearing Zam Driver? YOU DECIDE...

400 Block of Stevenson Rd, Erlanger, Ky.
That's were I was at about 10:05 PM on May 17, 2008.
The day the Cincinnati Cyclones beat the South Carolina Stingrays in Game 5, in Overtime, on a Shorthanded goal. I tingled all over for half a mile!

Now the Cyclones are off to the Kelly Cup finals. I'm not surprised, but I can hardly believe it's true. Either way, it's AWESOME.

I'm not a traditional media/sportswriter guy but I guess by default I am one within the blogosphere. Any bona fide media/sports guy, at whatever level, at least once in his career, has to do some sort of wacky publicity stunt. I have one in mind.

It's not as wacky as camping out on the billboard until a team wins but it's wacky enough for me. And, it is an audience participation stunt.

Give me 100 hits from unique IP addresses on this blog by Game 1 of the Kelly Cup Finals at the US Bank Arena, and yours truly will wear a Cylcones tuxedo while driving the Zamboni during home playoff games.

That's right sports fans. There are 4,415 hits on the blog right now. I can track the IP addresses of the hits, so tell a buddy, link to a friend, put it on your myspace, whatever it takes. Direct 100 people to the blog by Game 1 for me to wear a tux.

It's a white jacket with a shaw collar, black trousers, black bow tie and cumberbund. For the game, I will buy a red shirt and red pocket-hanky. That's the Cyclones colors. Maybe I'll have to get a pair of gold socks too - but I don't want to be mistaken for Michael Jackson.

Let's get the hit count up! Show me what you've got!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home